A Faith Based Approach to Coronavirus
As John Oliver pointed out, there needs to be a balance between gargling with bleach and licking subway handrails. There is no need to panic, especially if you know you are ultimately in the hands of a loving God. On the other hand, it is foolish to downplay Covid-19 as if it were just another common cold.
What should an apprentice of Jesus do?
- Pray, trust God, stay focused on Jesus.
- Wash your hands very frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use sanitizer if no water is available. (You can make your own – 60% isopropyl alcohol mixed with aloe.)
- Try to stop touching your face.
- If you’re sick: (a) see a physician (b) stay home from work/school if you can afford to.
- 6. Stop shaking hands with people.
- Stay out of crowds as much as possible.
- Check in with the CDC and WHO for accurate information.
What should a follower of Christ NOTdo?
- Listen to the uniformed half-truths, speculations, and lies of politicians.
- Watch/listen to televangelists.
- Watch/listen to “news” that is propaganda.
- Be a racist/xenophobe who is afraid of Asians.
- Hoard masks and supplies other people need more than you do.
- Believe what you read/see/hear on the internet without checking it out.
- Fall for scams like drinking silver.
- Care more about the stock market than fellow human beings.